Thursday, August 20, 2009

Frontgate.com 20% off

My DH gives me all sorts of hell for liking SkyMall. To me, SkyMall is a case study in missed opportunity. It was the first one-stop-marketplace concept, but not keeping up with technology (catalog-based ordering v internet-based ordering) and lackluster marketing have really hindered its ability to grow. Now instead of being an Amazon.com, it has a stable of good vendors (Hammacher Schlemmer, The Sharper Image (before it went bust), Nintendo, and a nice selection of computer-related shops), but just isn't there. On top of that, it even has the cachet of being totally lame off the plane (see Exhibit A: my husband).

I'm not ashamed! In fact, I like one of their main stores, Frontgate, very much. It has EVERYTHING. A mishmash of rugs, deck chairs, grills, and professional popcorn makers, but I actually like their pet products. The pet gates they have are so much classier than the plastic toddler-guards I had from Toys R Us! From now until Monday, Aug 31, take 20% off everything. There are some exclusions, though, including All-Clad, Bose, Wusthof, and Margaritaville.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please no profanity or spam :). I monitor CLOSELY and all spam WILL BE DELETED.