Saturday, August 9, 2008

About Me

Since I was a fledgling Fashion Prospectress, I have always been inclined towards the higher-end, and it was never about the price but the better design, superior quality, finer craftsmanship, and more admirable aesthetics. Although not a true 'adrenalin-junkie', along the way I developed a predilection for less-appreciated heart-pumping activities -- sneaking out of the house, engaging in heated debates, driving quickly, and leveraging all my intellect and resourcefulness to create solutions to complex issues (I've been called 'MacGyver' a few times).

Combined, these two forces have driven me to where I am today: constantly on the hunt for value. I am not one of those people who think designer goods are over-rated and over-priced-- I just get off on buying them for less. I don't dabble in H&M.

This blog represents what I love: designer sales, whether they be sample, annual, summer, winter, clearance, or friends & family--I'll post whatever tickles my fancy for women's clothes, men's clothes, shoes, accessories, bags, and other necessities. Since I don't have kids, I won't be covering any children's sales. I am also geographically bound to New York City, so if it isn't in Manhattan or online, I probably won't know about it. I will, however, glad
ly post reader tips, so if you know something, email it to me!

The name of my website was inspired by one of my younger sisters who is currently studying for her Masters in Geology. She's a rock scientist. Get it?!?

Brands I love
Casual tops: James Perse, Rag & Bone, DKNY
Casual pants: AG Jeans, Habitual, James Perse
Work shirts: Hugo Boss, Alain Figaret, Dries Van Noten, RED Valentino
Work pants: 3.1 Phillip Lim, Alexander Wang, Hugo Boss, Luciano Barbera
Dresses: Catherine Malandrino, RED Valentino, DKNY, Hugo Boss, and aspire to have a reason to wear Marchesa
Shoes: Prada, Prada Sport, Miu Miu, Christian Louboutin, Manolo Blahnik, YSL, Giuseppe Zanotti
Flip-flops: Abercrombie & Fitch (shameful, I know)
Bags: Chanel, Prada, Cartier, Gucci, Longchamp, Valentino, Louboutin clutches
Random accessories: Paul Smith, Pucci, Longchamp, Burberry

I hope you enjoy my blog and can benefit from my idle past-time!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11/10/2008

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Please no profanity or spam :). I monitor CLOSELY and all spam WILL BE DELETED.