Monday, August 18, 2008

Favorite sites: YOOX.com

In the beginning I was in love with BlueFly, but as they got more mature, their prices grew with them, and I soon found myself prospecting for new sites to mine. Then Ashford.com and SmartBargains had their time in the sun, but they have since cut back on their offerings.

Then one fateful day a few years ago, my very fashion savvy HR director introduced me to his favorite go-to online shopping site: YOOX.com. In addition to the YOOX.com conglomerate storefront, the YOOX Group includes an online retailing subsidiary which serves designer labels Valentino, Emporio Armani, Marni, and Diesel for their online retail sales needs. An Italian firm that operates globally, YOOX.com tends to have great 'retail' prices for European labels, probably a function of being in the EU and all. This also means, though, that lovely pieces from these collections make it onto YOOX.com.

The mother lode: YOOX.com is currently having their summer sale, and my dears, it puts all others to shame. They have 15,000+ PAGES of things on sale, including a Balenciaga dress I adore, Prada pants and blazers, and Valentino goodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please no profanity or spam :). I monitor CLOSELY and all spam WILL BE DELETED.