Monday, November 2, 2009

Kontainer European label sample sale

Update: I dropped by and they DO have a few racks of skirts, pants, and blazers of Balenciaga, Commes de Garcons, Jil Sander, and other European designers. I wouldn't make a special trip for this, but if you're in the neighborhood, pop on by. All pieces are between $149-199.

Kontainer, a storefront on Bleecker @ 7th Ave, is doing a sample sale. First, their official marketing:

Here is your opportunity to shop New York's biggest and most outrageous sale of the year with merchandise priced at 70-80% off retail.! At the Kontainer sale you will find collections for women and men from Stella McCartney, Moschino, COMME des GARCON, Versace, John Galliano, Alexander McQueen, Valentino, Miu Miu, VIKTOR & ROLF, Chloe, Moncler, Vivienne Westwood, Dior, Balenciaga, Paul Smith, Giorgio Armani, Rich Owens and many more.
I live a few blocks away from Kontainer, and I have popped in from time to time just to see what I could see. The only notable label I've seen for women is Ben Sherman, and for men Ben Sherman and Ralph Lauren. I'm fairly impressed to see that they claim to have amassed such a large collection of European labels.

Since I'm nearby, I'll pop in on Thursday and let you know if it's worth the hype. Incidentally, if you do go, you should definitely time your visit to a meal at Keste. The best pizza in town now that Una Pizza Napoletana is gone.

What: Kontainer sample sale
Where: Thursday, Nov 5 - Tuesday, Nov 10; M-Th, Sun 10AM-9PM, F/Sat 10AM-10PM
Where: 287 Bleecker St (@ 7th Ave)
Cash or CC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please no profanity or spam :). I monitor CLOSELY and all spam WILL BE DELETED.