Wednesday, June 8, 2011

MyTheresa summer sale

Hi there, this past week has been, I promise, my AWOL for the next 2 months :) I went to Fontainebleau to secure an apartment and attend INSEAD Open Day, and also spent a couple of days in Paris for the first time in my life. I know, I can't believe it's taken so long either.

I love how the French girls live up to stereotype: slim and trendy, lots of horizontal stripes, with a noticeable percentage wearing linen scarves, and 80% of them wearing ballet flats. As much as I love wearing flip flops for comfort, I think they are too casual, and I did not see one pair of flip flops on the streets of Paris. And it was HOT too!! If the girl wasn't wearing ballet flats, they were flat gladiator sandals or leather strappy sandals. Not as many high heels as I would have thought, either, so comfort is definitely a global consideration. Most of my scarves are silk, so I will need to acquire some linen ones, but I scored a new pair of Repettos from Orly duty-free for only 128€ (~$185 USD). But now that I know what the style is over there, I can begin to align my shopping habits to my new home.

First stop: the MyTheresa.com summer sale. Up to 50% off pre-SS items.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please no profanity or spam :). I monitor CLOSELY and all spam WILL BE DELETED.