Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Mikimoto sample sale

Update: Fresh back from vacation, reader Ellen has just alerted me that traditionally at this sale they request to see your invitation upon purchase. I've uploaded a scan of it, so be sure to print it out before you go! (Thanks Ellen!)

The Harry Winston equivalent of pearls, Mikimoto, is taking their super-secret private 'employee' sample sale public. Hello bad economy! They have contracted out to Soiffer-Haskin, and I got a postcard in the mail this weekend.

The juicy details: we can expect 'extraordinary savings' on South Sea and Akoya cultured pearl strands, pearl jewelry embellished with diamonds and outer precious gems. I wonder if that means we will these earrings that have been rumbling in my mind since last summer? I've heard that single strands go for $600+ depending on quality, so make sure those lines of credit are open!

What: Mikimoto sample sale
When: Sunday, Jun 7 - Wednesday, Jun 10; Sun-Tu 9AM-6:30PM, W 9AM-5PM
Where: Soiffer Haskin, 317 W 33rd St (W of 8th Ave); 718-747-1656
CC only. No strollers. No children under 12. All sales final.

Invitation scan below

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please no profanity or spam :). I monitor CLOSELY and all spam WILL BE DELETED.