Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Banana Republic 30% off work essentials

I've watched Banana Republic morph through the years. A little around 10 years ago, during my high school/college days (god I sound old!), BR was probably 80% of my closet (the other 20% was Kenneth Cole). I remember that yes, it was pricey (for me), but the quality was excellent. I can clearly recall shelling out $35 for cotton tops and $59 shorts and keeping them for 2+ years. I splurged big-time on a $199 linen dress that still hangs in my closet. Somewhere near 1999/2000, though, I felt like the whole world 'caught on' to my BR secret. Alas, I don't buy much there anymore, but I will always be a big fan of their can't-go-wrong work staples: blouses, cotton button-downs, and pretty durable pants for not Thomas Pink prices. Especially at 30% off! Ends Sunday, Jul 26.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7/21/2009

    the quality of BR started going down the tubes once they outsourced practically EVERYTHING to China. designs have been meh also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, definitely! I didn't want to sound hateful in my post, but I totally agree-- whereas their stuff used to be worth $98 ten years ago, it's certainly not worth that now!

    I like their button-downs, although sizing can be a little wonky. It still does the job and makes me look presentable on those I-don't-even-care days :)

    ReplyDelete

Please no profanity or spam :). I monitor CLOSELY and all spam WILL BE DELETED.