Thursday, July 30, 2009

Sephora V.I.B.

I am officially a Very Important Beauty insider! To be honest, the point system was working for me (I like being recognized for my financial contributions), even though the deluxe samples are sometimes crappy. To get into the V.I.B.(i.) program, you need to spend $350+ over a calendar year, which, unfortunately isn't too difficult for me. I actually ban myself from entering a Sephora unless absolutely necessary. It's near impossible for me to leave without at least 2 extra unplanned goodies and $75 less in my bank account.

Case in point: two weeks ago, I decided to go in for more Fiberwig mascara and Fresh Soda shampoo. That was it, and I felt pretty confident that I could avoid any landmines. Oh, I was wrong. I got my mascara ($22), what do you know, they also make a new mini mascara for lower lashes ($15). Well since I am a devotee of the regular mascara, I
had to try it. The store was out of the Fresh Soda shampoo, but in looking for it I discovered Fresh's new Sugar Blossom hand wash ($28). I love that scent! So the hand wash went in the basket. On my way to the register, I noticed they have my cotton pads in stock (a rarity)! Two packages of Shiseido cotton pads went in the basket (2 x $9.50). By the time I reached the counter, I dumped out $84 worth of products. AND that was because I refused to make eye-contact with the display of new beauty gadgets. (Although they get me with that every F&F. In 2008 it was the Clarisonic, in 2007 it was the Zeno, in 2006 the GHD IV. Damn you, Sephora!)

So, if you spent over $350 last year, check your email. Their first gift to you is a unique 10% off coupon valid through Monday, Aug 31!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please no profanity or spam :). I monitor CLOSELY and all spam WILL BE DELETED.