Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My DiorDiva reward

Not sale-shopping related, but I thought I'd mention Dior beauty's very nice kick-back program. The premise? Buy Dior beauty products (skincare, fragrance, make-up) over a 12 month period, save those receipts, and turn them in for a little something.

I heard about this program last year, so this is my first DiorDiva Program reward. I'm surprised that as much as people talk about the program, there isn't much mention of what you actually get. The most educational pieces of info are via super annoying 'reveal' videos on YouTube, and there's only so much squealing and bad camera handling that I can stomach.

So for those of you who are curious, here is the Runway Diva 500 point gift. It includes: a nice little makeup bag, a full-size Iconic mascara (value $27), a full-size Lip Maximizer (value $29.50), and a deluxe sample of Capture Totale something or other (I'm guessing it's a sample of their serum).
At $1 a point, it's nice that a $500 gift is worth somewhere in the neighborhood of $60 (plus a free makeup bag worth $10? $15?). Of course, you don't have to rack up $500 over the year to get a reward. They have different 'levels' of gifts for 100, 250, 500, 750, or 1000 points, and I'm sure the value starts at 10% and goes up. (I bet that 1000 point gift is pretty amazing!)

Another good thing is, they accept Sephora purchases. Almost all my purchases were online via Sephora, using some discount or another. And even though I bought that eyeshadow with a 10% off code, I got full points value for it (although maybe that's just because Sephora doesn't re-adjust the product prices to reflect the discount-- they do a total discount at the bottom). I probably will never rack up $750 worth of eye makeup and lipsticks, but if you use the skincare, you definitely will want to start saving those receipts!

The Dior Beauty website is down for renovation, but you can still download the redemption form from that little link in the small print.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please no profanity or spam :). I monitor CLOSELY and all spam WILL BE DELETED.