Thursday, March 31, 2011

TheOutnet.com Dress Up event

Earlier this month, TheOutnet invited a small group of bloggers for a Dress Up event. We got to pick out disgustingly delicious articles of clothing and accessories from the site, have our hair and makeup done, and get our photos taken by a professional photographer in a professional studio with stark white backdrop, huge picture windows, studio lighting, and even a wind machine!! The day was heavily documented with Twitter posts by @THEOUTNET and us bloggers (using tag #DressUp).

The event was beyond fun. TheOutnet used hair and makeup people from The John Barrett salon at Bergdorf Goodman. Makeup artist Joe Hubrich made me look just spectacular, although he initially tried to scare my by saying things like, Think Black Swan! Mahogany Grace did my hair with a wide-barreled curling iron, and it turned out so lovely that I am considering buying an iron like the one she used. I actually slept on it and went to have my hair highlighted the morning after, and my colorist was still swooning over the style.

And then the clothes! We got to choose 2 looks, so for the first, I went more casual: a silk Stella McCartney blouse (very Three Musketeers meets feminine luxe), RED Valentino wide-leg jeans, and (although you can't see them) patent cut-out Alaia booties. 5" high. Perfect for giving me some height! Then, I spontaneously chose the pièce de résistance: an intricate, totally amazing Oscar de la Renta chain necklace (not online, unfortunately). I am in love with this outfit want to buy the whole thing!
My second look was an 'office outfit' consisting of a Marni blouse (in white), Narcisco Rodriguez pencil skirt, and Alaia heels. So polished, it was a perfect stylish outfit for the workplace! If only I could dress like this to the office everyday... but then my boss would never think I needed another raise.
A HUGE Thank You to TheOutnet, Joe and Mahogany, and Jack Studios :) I think there will be some behind-the scenes shots available soon, but to see the pieces I pre-selected for my looks (or similar pieces) check out my rack at TheOutnet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please no profanity or spam :). I monitor CLOSELY and all spam WILL BE DELETED.