Thursday, April 23, 2009

Steven Alan outlet store, sample sale

So I finally had an opportunity to visit the Steven Alan outlet store going to/from the office and Columbia University (because honestly, I never go above 59th St unless it's to my vet on 66th/1st Ave, and those are extenuating circumstances in which I can't really go shopping).

I have mixed feelings about the store. First off, the prices are really fabulous. I saw a MM6 by Maison Martin Margiela loose dress for only $69 (alas, it was too big). I also debated a 3.1 Phillip Lim top marked down to $99. In the end I ended up with a classic Steven Alan button-down for $58. Like I said, the prices are remarkable. The selection, however, is not. It's an adorable little store, and from the looks of the bare shelves, well frequented! If you can catch them post-shipment, I would say definitely go. Other brands there: Loomstate, L'Autre Chose, and jewelry by Jennifer Meyer and Giles and Brother.

The very nice sales associate gave me the D/L on their upcoming sample sale. It starts the 2nd week of May at their downtown location. The merchandise will be mostly Steven Alan, although last year they had cute Gryson bags and boots. The discounts will be pretty good: think along the lines of the button-down shirts in the outlet for $58 which are sample sale priced. Last time they had a F&F preview the night before it started-- and they didn't check IDs. Basically, get there early before the good stuff's gone.

What: Steven Alan outlet store
When: Monday-Saturday 11AM–7PM, Sun 11AM-6PM
Where: 465 Amsterdam Ave (@ 82nd St); 212-595-8451

What: Steven Alan sample sale
When: Monday, May 11 - Sunday, May 17
Where: Steven Alan Annex, 103 Franklin St.
More details TBD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please no profanity or spam :). I monitor CLOSELY and all spam WILL BE DELETED.