Friday, August 29, 2008

Barney's Warehouse Sale report: Final week, Friday

As promised, I went to the BWS this morning, and got some interesting information. First off, if you went yesterday, don't bother going today (or tomorrow for that matter) as discounts have not changed since yesterday (expand below to see price list). When I was checking out, the nice cashier told me that the one and only discount left for the entire sale would happen on Sunday. So go Sunday and don't even bother with Monday (the last day). And then he proceeded to take only 40% off the shirt I bought (instead of 50%). I didn't notice it at the time, but I guess I got charged $9.90 for that tidbit of information. Oh well, I guess that's money well spent...


Women
The shoes are starting to look ravaged, and at 40% off the tag price, that only seems fair. I paid $177 for a gorgeous pair of pristine Louboutins (upper right photo) which comes out to 23.9% of the total retail price
. That's ridiculous! If you want shoes, GO, or there will be no Manolos left for you. There are still those strange flat wedgie Pradas and plenty of Costume National and Barney's brand, but Louboutin is running thin and the ones left are those really sparkly ones that look very Vegas showgirl-y (if you've been to BWS then you know what I'm talking about). The clothes I took a sweep through, and all I can say is pants, pants, pants! Other than that, the sweaters are mostly snagged, the shirts are dirty and stained with make-up, and good luck finding anything of value in the accessories bin. The single ray of light is that the dressing area is mercifully sparse and easy to manage.

Men

Shoes are totally picked over ("raped and pillaged" were my male shopping partner's exact words). Suits have gone faster than they did at the last sale, so selection of the nice stuff is probably getting hard to find. There's more Varvatos here than you can shake a stick at, and my friend is of the opinion that it is dangerously close to becoming the next Barney's stock brand. Tons of business shirts left, but at only 50% off, guys seem to be waiting it out. I've also included pictures of the men's shirts rummage bins. As you can see, at only 40% off, they are still plentiful and totally chaotic to sift through.

Chelsea Passage & Childrens
There is an adorable tent that I've read about in a celebrity magazine somewhere, although I could only find a blog post about it when I looked. Retail $227, but at 60%, your child could have a toy that is very popular with Gwyneth Paltrow, Angelina Jolie, and Britney Spears! I really wanted to get it for our dog, but my husband said no. He's no fun.

As you can see, it is a MESS!


Found a picture of the sparkly Louboutins left! Also available in Magenta!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please no profanity or spam :). I monitor CLOSELY and all spam WILL BE DELETED.