Saturday, July 10, 2010

Fun find: the perfect emergency nail polish

Disclaimer: not about fashion.

Like every good New York gal, I get my hair cut and highlighted every 8 weeks, my waxing done every 4 weeks, a pedicure every 2 weeks, and a manicure every week. It's very time-consuming to maintain all that beauty upkeep AND go to the gym AND go out AND have a full-time job (AND blog!)!!

Sometimes I find myself going to a nice restaurant or social event with no time for a fresh manicure. I know there are more important things in life to worry about, but this gets me pretty neurotic. Enter my new-found saving grace: Chanel nail polish in Ballerina. (Yes, I know it's been out for years now. I am that behind the times.)
It's the perfect invisible nail polish. Your nails look natural, but somehow way, way better than natural. And I only do a single coat, so there's no streaking or freaking out that one half of my nail is darker than the other half. (Which often happens because my left hand seems to be unable to color between the lines)

So, here's my new way of cheating:
1. 1 coat of base coat (I use Gelous from Sally Beauty supply because my nails are brittle and it goes on very evenly)
2. 1 coat of Chanel Ballerina nail polish
3. 1 coat of top coat (I prefer Seche Vite because it dries so fast!)
4. Go around the cuticles with Dr. Hauschka Neem nail oil pen which my friend Kelly got me addicted to!
5. Hand lotion

VoilĂ ! You'll have a very adequate manicure in about 20 minutes, and it will last for at least 5 days, which buys you plenty of time to get to the nail salon.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous7/10/2010

    One more thing to do - SHOP! how can you fit all that in?! impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where do you go to get your hair cut?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha you're right!!! Shopping is also something I try to squeeze in (a lot!). I do a lot of online browsing when I'm eating lunch at my desk, but I don't get to go to as many sample sales as I'd like :(

    Perry, I go to Prive Salon, located in the Soho Grand Hotel. My stylist is Rosteme, an adorable (and cute!) young man from Paris who gives really fantastic cuts which grow out naturally. If you want the sexy French bombshell look (like you've been in the sack for hours), he can do it! My colorist is Michael, and he is quite good at achieving the color I want (brown, not brassy (which is kind of tough with Asian hair), with caramel highlights). I highly recommend giving them a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the tip, Tina!

    ReplyDelete

Please no profanity or spam :). I monitor CLOSELY and all spam WILL BE DELETED.