Thursday, February 18, 2010

Saks consolidation sale rages on in NYC

I popped by during my lunch break and the big consolidation sale is still going full-swing on the 9th floor. A lot of the merch has been re-sorted, and there are fewer designer name tags to indicate large amounts of rack space. Still there's plenty of St. John (like, a LOT), Escada, MaxMara, Ralph Lauren, Akris, Proenza Schouler, Valentino, YSL, Oscar de la Renta, and Carolina Hererra, and bits of Derek Lam and Dolce & Gabbana and Burberry.

If you are seeking a brand with just a few pieces left, you'll have to hunt. I found some Marni and a pair of Jason Wu pants against the wall by Versace, and in the middle of the Oscar de la Renta, pulled out the most fabulous Nina Ricci blazer. Unfortunately it was still fabulously priced at $860 after the discount (retail $2790).

The discount is still only 25% off the price tag. Seriously, after all this time, couldn't we do a little better than that?? Although to be fair, it is just at 30% of retail, so I couldn't complain about getting a really cute Burberry pencil skirt for $178. It seems that there is more merchandise too, so they must have shipped stuff in from other stores.

12 comments:

  1. Fashionista!2/18/2010

    AAAAH I love this dress! I can't wait for it to go on sale!

    http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446256847&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=282574492715611&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=1408474395222441&bmUID=1266534935214&ev19=1:2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fashionista!2/18/2010

    Sorry I don't think that worked... this is the name of it
    Burberry Brit
    Sigorney Check Cotton Shirtdress

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dress is cute!! Love those shoes too :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2/18/2010

    Any sale shoes?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fashionista!2/18/2010

    Yea those shoes are hot! I don't think they're on sale though :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are sale shoes, but they really are remnants. Saw a pair of Choos and Ferragamos, but no Louboutin or Manolos or Pradas even. You're better off doing online stalking for shoes...

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's 25% off the markdown prices -- which are 40-60% off retail. Do your math! The additional 25% ends on Feb 21st -- so get it while you can.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous2/19/2010

    Her Math is right. If a $100 item is 60% off it now costs $40. If theee is an additional 25% off that item now costs $30 ($40*.75). The final cost is $30 or 30% of $100. Patrick, maybe you should do your math.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It comes out to 29.9% of retail (almost everything). I was in the dressing room furiously working it out with the calculator program on my PDA :D

    The discount on discounts question is a standard SAT math problem :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fashionista!2/19/2010

    Nice one Tina! ;)
    Way to set that geezer straight...

    Did you find anything good?
    I totally need to go there this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha, I didn't mean to be totally rude, but he *did* accuse me of not being able to do high school math...

    I only spent about an hour there, which sounds like a lot, but it felt like nothing! I made 3 trips to the dressing room and stayed next to labels I knew so grabbing sizes would be quick. I walked away with a black Burberry pencil skirt for w/ trench coat buttons for $178 and a Burberry cardigan for $165. Not MUST haves, but pretty darn nice to have at that discount! I also tried on that Nina Ricci blazer I mentioned (which I really, strongly considered before I concluded it was ridiculous at $860). I also tried on this really comfortable blue YSL dress made of cotton jersey material that was marked down to $350 (pre-discount) and retailed for $1350. The only thing is, I didn't know if I was wearing it right-- it was really very "fashion-forward" and I couldn't wear it to any function-- too casual for brunch or weddings, too weird for other occasions. It's a good Fashion Week outfit, though.

    You should definitely go, but make sure you check the item before you buy-- a lot of things had snags and little tears here and there. Let me know how you do!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fashionita!2/22/2010

    Oooh sounds like you had a good shop! I didn't make it out there in the end :( I'm going to try go over there after work tomorrow.. Hope they have good stuff left...
    You seem to get all the great deals! Those pants for $32.. amazing!
    I'm going to check out the Theory sale.. right by my office, so can run out at lunch! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please no profanity or spam :). I monitor CLOSELY and all spam WILL BE DELETED.